Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I called OHSU and they said they must have a referral and that the referring Dentist must do the final placing and fitting of the crown on the implant. I then spoke to my Dentist at Kaiser who said she's surprised by that, as most Dentists, including those at Kaiser, will not 'share' in the implant completion, which kind of makes sense. The lady I talked to at OHSU didn't sound very interested in scheduling a non-enrolled dental patient.

Odd. My dentist suggested implants for two front teeth with two crowns inbetween. Huge expense as it would require 4 crowns (which the dentist offered to give me for no charge). But he does not do the implants so I would be going to maxillofacial surgeons for the implant surgery. My own dentist would supply the temporary crowns and later the permanent crowns. I did not go through with it because it is my four front teeth. I have a "permanent" bridge which would be put back in place once the initial surgery is done, but they don't really glue the bridge in hard, so it would keep falling out...not an option to me for front uppers. I would also need extensive surgery because of something with my bone. I opted to keep the permanent bridge as I do not want to go through this for almost a year before the implant is finally done.

I do not have dental insurance.

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.