Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I came from DLI less than a year ago. I know Lt Col Butler, have worked with him on several occasions, as most of my NCO's had worked under him as language instructors. As you may have guessed, he leans very much to the left and openly stated that in a farewell speach to one of my retiring SGM's.

Not very funny, pretty unacceptable for any person in uniform. Another case of "Ooops, I didn't think anyone would acutally read that."

And yes, it is despicable that us ozifurs aren't held to the same standard enlisted folks are when it comes to UCMJ. I have stood in front of superiors several times asking why LT or CPT so and so isn't going to be dealt with. "Well, it's so much of a pain to do it to officers, plus it has not really effected the good order and dicipline of any unit." Oh but it has sir, from where I sit, soldiers are not as dumb as us officers are.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.