No. of Recommendations: 11
I can give an "in the field" confirmation that Splunk is experience significant pricing pressure and pushback from their customer base. I work in the enterprise security field and have recently had several new opportunities to displace Splunk open up strictly based on the customer's frustration with Splunk costs. It's not trivial, they are cutting new PO's to adjust for increased data ingestion sometimes quarterly and making decisions not to ingest certain logs because of cost (which limits security visibility).

The one positive in this I would give Splunk is I am not seeing significant frustration from the user base in the capabilities or functionality of the solution. The pricing pressure is real and is being driven by top management, but the users are happy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.