No. of Recommendations: 1
I can see ya'all really jumped on responding to the little tip I gave on INPT at the beginning of this thread. I guess I'm gonna have to go into more detail why I like this company.

First off, it is the smallest company to appear on my watchlist, except for one other, which is ISCO. If it rockets, then you know what that means. What does Input Software do?

Third Quarter Highlights

Increased revenues by 19% over 3Q98.
Added record number of new InputAccel(TM) customers.
On October 11, 1999, Input announced DynamicInput Web-commerce solution.
Awarded Silicon Valley ``Fast 50' honors.
Revenues for the third quarter of 1999 increased to $5.5 million, a 19% increase when compared to revenues of $4.6 million for the same period of 1998. Net income for the third quarter of 1999 was $42,000, or $0.01 per share as compared to $354,000, or $0.07 per share for the same period of 1998.

For the nine months ending September 30, 1999, revenues from continuing operations increased to $16.6 million, a 36% increase when compared to $12.1 million for the same period in 1998. Net income from continuing operations for the nine months ended September 30, 1999 was $354,000, or $0.08 per share, as compared to $608,000, or $0.10 per share, for the same period in 1998.

``During the quarter we signed a record twenty-six new InputAccel(TM) customers, an indication of the increasing demand for our leading information capture solution,' commented Kimra Hawley, Input Software's President and CEO.

``As noted elsewhere in the press, many large multi-national enterprises, which comprise our traditional customer base, are currently taking a cautious approach to IT investments due to Y2K uncertainties. In response, during the quarter we shifted our focus to mid-sized organizations, which implement smaller systems yielding lower 'per-customer' revenue. We are pleased with the success we have had outside of our traditional marketplace, and expect to see expansion revenue from many of these new customers in the future.' Ms. Hawley continued, ``In addition, we have a strong pipeline of opportunities with large organizations and expect a return to normal buying patterns in the near future.'

``In addition to the strength of our core InputAccel(TM) business,' continued Hawley, ``we are excited about DynamicInput(TM), an XML-based software product that will allow organizations to personalize real time, two-way communications with their customers over the Web. We believe DynamicInput(TM) will allow Input Software to expand its business into the e-commerce arena.' DynamicInput(TM) makes it easier and quicker to complete traditionally complex business transactions -- such as mortgage lending, mutual fund purchases, health claims, and insurance applications -- increasing customer satisfaction and reducing the rate at which online transactions are abandoned prior to completion. Today, abandonment rates run as high at 95%, resulting in millions of dollars of lost sales. ``DynamicInput(TM) creates richer e-commerce customer transactions, which helps lower abandonment rates and can lead to increased sales,' said Hawley. DynamicInput(TM) is an addition to the InputAccel(TM) family of products and will enable Input Software to significantly expand its addressable market with an advanced e-commerce solution.

Concurrent with the product announcement Input Software introduced its DynamicInput(TM) Executive Advisory Council comprised of senior executives from Bank of America, The Home Depot, Computer Sciences Corporation, SAIC, and many others. The Council was formed over the last six months to contribute to the definition and development of DynamicInput(TM), and several Council member companies will act as beta sites for the product rollout in first quarter of 2000.

Finally, during the third quarter Input Software earned the position of 26th on the ``Deloitte & Touche 1999 Silicon Valley Technology Fast 50' listing. The ``Fast 50' recognizes the fastest growing technology companies in the region. Companies are selected based on a percentage of revenue growth during the past five years. Input Software's revenues grew 1,384% over the five-year period of 1994-1998.

So you mean all the digital information I need will eventually be completely personalized and available on my opening page of my portable internet device,not matter what format it started in? Hey, this is nothing new, you say. What about Yahoo? Sure, yet the "clencher" here is that Input Software is writing in XML, or extensible markup language. Why is this so important? Because XML is quickly becoming the standard for wireless broadband seamless transmission.

Ted

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.