Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I can see you mean well and are probably mortally convinced of the salience of these features.

Nah, I am not mortally convinced of anything - just haven't found any major flaw with Wray and
gang's description of the mechanics of what goes on... yet (their prescriptions are another matter)
- so do elaborate (I certainly would love to get a hold of someone who is intimately familiar with
the software behind ACH - I am not kidding - I do want to know the nitty gritty).

I am also quite interested in your take on why money creation by banks isn't relevant
even for a boiled down model?

That's a vague query on my part - I mean the quick answer would be that you just don't - I am hoping
you can say more than that. My rough take is that much of the interesting stuff is happening at the
broad money level, so ignoring deposit creation would miss a large chunk of what's happening there.
I am not convinced that what's happening at the high powered money level (apart from
extreme scenarios) has much of an effect on the price level.

A bit more specific question would be: do you think a constant money multiplier assumption is
sufficient for a boiled down model? My (possibly incorrect) interpretation of the MyCo model is that
the answer to the latter is yes (but then, am I also interpreting correctly that MyCo wouldn't be
particularly appropriate in dealing with incongruities like QE and the like? Basically, simplifying
model assumption vs. all the ins and outs of reality? Or...?).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.