Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I can't help w/mousse, but that won't stop me from thinking & commenting ;-)

How big is this party...a dozen, five dozen, more? Is anyone else making desserts as well? Is the party taking place in a large hall/hotel or someone's home? Mousse will need to be refrigerated until served, right? Is chocolate mousse your father's favorite?

If you make single-serving mousses, how will you bring them--pre-plated? That sounds difficult if there'll be more than a dozen or so. Will you have help transporting? Is this a buffet, sit-down dinner, just snacks/sweets? Will mousse be served immediately (on your arrival) or not for an hour or more? Is the party location close to your home?

The last dessert I ate that impressed me was a sort of cross between cake and trifle. Two thinnish layers of vanilla cake with a nice layer of cooked berries in cream between them, and a light frosting that tasted like whipped cream but was sturdier. Very impressive and absolutely scrumptious--I think there may have een a bit of rum in the cake(!). Strawberries may be in season in early May--they are here in the Low Country.

Small pastries/cookies will be easier to deal with, as you mentioned. I like assorted rugelach myself...w/nuts, chocolate, and/or fruit jam.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.