Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I cannot follow whatever point you are trying to make with this statement. Even if you shrink house sizes, and use less expensive finishes, materials still have a cost.

Jafo no disrespect to you at all what-so-ever, however it's thinking like above in your first sentence is what keeps us stuck where we are. Using your statement simply as an example. I do agree with what you said in the second sentence. Completely logical, factual, makes perfect sense.

I know there will be a cost and the fact that prices have spiraled beyond what people can afford we "created a solution" called a loan. I'm looking to do the reverse of that. What can we do to rid ourselves of debt and allow a person or family to save for a few years and BUY outright a place to live. It might be smaller, it might be made of some new material not yet invented or widely available. We might have to say to hell with a lot of regulations, spread houses out more so one cannot affect the other should something go wrong - for example a fire. I'm not entirely sure, throwing out what comes to mind.

If materials and land are so expensive and hard to get a hold of I'd have to say we have too many people and not enough land or people to gather those resources.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.