No. of Recommendations: 5
I charge everything I can on my credit card, get my 2% cash back bonus, and then pay the bill in full at the end of the month.

My asset allocation is 96% stock, 4% fixed income

I didn't know that I had a twin brother!

'cause if I showed those posts to my wife she would swear that I wrote them. ;-)

When we had our house built (custom-built), we had specific items we wanted for lights, fans, whirlpool tubs, faucets, etc. After seeing my list the builder said, "Y'know what? Instead of telling me what to order, why don't you just go ahead and order them and we'll adjust the house price to account for that money." Turns out we charged over $100,000 that year on the Discover card, and we got a WHOPPING cash-back amount. Of course, every monthly bill was paid in full so I paid no interest.

I always pictured some accountant at Discover going over our account and wondering how a $10,000 credit limit account turned over $100,000 in charges.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.