Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I chose an Advantage Plan over the Medicare Supplement plan because it was cheaper and offered Silver Sneakers. My Advantage plan has NO drug donut hole and is a PPO. When United Health Care dropped Silver Sneakers for a lesser gym plan I looked around for another plan. That was a full time job!!

You need to crunch numbers....some plans look great up front with no monthly charge, free doctor visits, etc. But you need to compare drug plans and hospital charges per day.....the charges that come up when you are really sick.

I finally decided to stay with my original company plan which is a PPO, does have a monthly charge, but coverage for drugs, hospital stays, etc is better. Since I am 86 yrs old, I figure that is more a priority with now.

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.