Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
'I chose life, even if it meant more suffering:'

Tearful yoga instructor, 35, admits that she wanted to give up during her 17 days lost in a Hawaii forest - but instead fought to survive by eating moths and sleeping in a boar's den

Amanda Eller, 35, was reported missing on May 8 after going hiking in Maui

Hawaii authorities found Eller in a stream bed on Friday around 5pm local time

In a Facebook video posted on Saturday, Eller voiced how she often found herself struggling to carry on

She added: there were times of total fear and loss and wanting to give up, and it did come down to life and death, and I had to choose. I chose life'

Officials said she suffered a broken leg and lost her shoes in a flash flood

Eller survived 17 days by sleeping in a boar's den and eating wild fruit and moths

She went missing on May 8 after leaving her phone behind while hiking in the Makawao Forest Reserve trail in Maui. She was found around four miles from where she had left her car, authorities said.

'The whole time I was going deeper into the jungle, even though I thought I was going back where I came from.

More at:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7071041/Yoga-instru...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.