Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently own the contract for a condo conversion that is to be completed in, approximatley, 120 days. Recently the condo company asked me if I would be interested in reselling the condominium to them.

Would the money derived from the resale be eligable for a 1029 if I was to flip it into another peice of property soon therafter? Or is this a special case and section 1029 wouldn't apply to my doing so in this case?

What is section 1029?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.