Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I did do Ophir's service prior to going all in on SPG...have to double-check the dates, but guessing this was early Summer.

The service was probably fine, but really was no new names for me (at that time) and I saw the valuations of all the growth/momentum stocks as out of control, so I opted out and moved into SPG mode.

At that point, I turned off my twitter feed (really just a news feed for me) of Ophir, Puru Saxena, Beth, etc... as I just didn't want to hear people justifying something I didn't think could be justified.

This worked out quite well, and maybe it was luck or maybe it was foresight, but the SPG thing has worked out well (so far).

Flash forward to mid-Feb, and SPG is running hot, some of the mini-corrections start hitting growth, and I think of it as a precursor to finally maybe getting a good correction.

So while I had followed Beth a bit, I hadn't subscribed yet, so wanted to give that a try.
In tandem, I turned back on my "growth stocks champions" feed, and started trying to map out a wishlist, if:
1. SPG stayed steady/up
2. 2020's greatest growth/momentum hits continued down

Right now, I would have to say I like Beth's service more, although her TA guy (Knox) is included in the membership, whereas Ophir has a side service I didn't previously buy, that calls out targets/trade ideas, which may be comparable, but not sure.

In this moment in time, if you have some cash to deploy in your port, and want to take advantage of the recent slide in prices, I don't see it as a bad thing to try both services out for a month, and rather than mimicking everything they both do, choose the things that resonate with you and combine it with your own DD, with TMF stuff, and hopefully out of that giant smushy ball of ideas you have a winning port to ride the next eventual wave up in the market.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.