Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I did see this on on the 1040A form but when I went to the instructions on that line, then it got very confusing. It seems to me it should be simple enough to just put the amount on this line but the instructions appear to indicate wanting a separate form filed for it but it doesn't say what form. I figure I can work through the form it wants if I knew what form that was. Maybe I'll just go ahead and put the amount in and see if they contact me back and tell me I need to file form "???" in addition. Thanks Phil.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.