Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I didn't any reply for the following....
am i doing something wrong???

posted 1-18-00

my stocks have appreciated a lot in the last year, of the oder of 170k,
and i am afarid they may take a beating now. in order to safeguard my
money, i want to reduse the holdings on some of those high flyers.
Is it possible to save taxes by buying similar stocks, or the same one
in a shorter amount of time, and save taxes ??
Any other tips to save the capital gains tax.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.