Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I didn't know McDonalds has an "elderly discount."

Call it what you will, I think most McDonalds offer at least a senior coffee discount. Small coffee but mine offers free refills. At one time they offered 15% off everything for anyone 55 or over. That didn't last too long.

I retired at 55 and lots of places offered me senior discounts. As more people turned 55 the age started rising --- first to 60, then to 62, then to 65 at many places. I'll be 65 next summer. If they raise the age to 70 I'm going to give up on senior discounts because I refuse to get any older.

Dunkin' Donuts has a discount over 55 but not all stores give it -- ask first. Here it's almost $2 for medium. The discount is 10% off on everything. But I don't like their coffee anymore. (An aside: It appears that DD opened a store within one block of almost every single Starbucks in NYC.)

In most of Manhattan there are coffee wagons which sell bagels, donuts, coffee, orange juice, egg sandwiches. Coffee is $1 (for medium) and it's not bitter. They're operational only until sold out which is about 11am.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.