not against waste and ineffectiveness.
They applaud it.
They award bonuses for it.
And the people who suggest that shoveling MORE money into the
broken system also do the same.

People who argue against measures of effectiveness - against
monitoring performance of - oh say teachers - are not against waste
or ineffectiveness.

That is, with all due respect, a puerile argument, like most of the Tea Party's arguments.

The VA does not "award bonuses for waste and ineffectiveness." There were unintended consequences to some of the programs put in place, and clearly not effective oversight, but it's ridiculous to suggest that someone sat around a table someplace and said "Hey, let's do this because it's wasteful and ineffective."

"Monitoring the performance of teachers" is one of those things that sounds great in theory. But how do you do that--effectively--without considering and addressing all of the extraneous things that contribute--or prevent--student learning?

That's how I see the Tea Party--sound bites that sound great in theory, but when a thinking person scratches the surface, there's nothing there.

Politicians who have the gall to claim there is "nothing more
that can be cut" - not only are disingenuous - but want waste and
ineffective government.

If you do not measure performance - and are not willing to dispose of
the criminal, wasteful, inept and ineffective people and programs,
you also want waste - and ineffective government.

"Things that can be cut" and "dealing with criminal and inept people" are 2 different things. I agree that people who are not doing their job shouldn't be there any more. Someone was not paying attention at the VA, I'll agree with that.

But there is an enormous difference between "let's cut Medicaid" and "Let's manage it better." The problem, of course, is that the Tea Party can't seem to differentiate between these 2 statements.

Frankly, the Tea Party folk are the only ones who make any sense

Sweet Jesus, this is a frightening statement.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.