Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I do no understand why it is "YouHaveToBeKiddingMeTown." Did DN purposely do this or were your names still on some mailing list?

c

There are several reasons this is beyond bizarre:

1) DN is *supposed* to be out of the Guard. I have suspicions he reenlisted sometime last year, before coming home, even, but if he is truly out, then we aren't supposed to be on the list.

2) This is something they should have done, oh, 6 months ago, say?

3) Or perhaps offered a little more therapy to the troops only, even, when they were about to reenter Real Life. From what I've heard, most of the unit has had quite the rough ride since returning.

It just has the air of complete and total misunderstanding of the situation of returning troops and their relationships as a whole. 6 months time is a HUGE gap from return to checking in on them, and I would know as I begged and pleaded and researched for help for DN and me Back In The Day, and couldn't find any readily available. The best I could do was a meeting with the Chaplain for DN when he wandered back to KY for a weekend. I think we all know how well that must have gone.

It just was....bizarre. And it felt like absoluletly ridiculous timing by a bunch of clueless folks attempting to fix something they have no understanding of.

Not that I don't think they are trying, I think there has just been a woeful underestimation of how poorly some Weekend Warriors are prepared for war and it's after effects, and how much work would be needed to help the guys and gals return to "normal" life.

impolite
off her soapbox
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.