No. of Recommendations: 1
I do not think trading 2-3 times a year is active. It sounds downright sedentary to me, but then maybe your reading comprehension is a bit weak.

Also, it is excellent advice on what to do with the money he is saving, which is what he asked for. I just answered the question as best I could. The stuff I do requires a bit more work than just dumping money into an index fund, but not much more, and it is much more profitable, as anybody can see.

I don't see anything wrong with being a charter boat captain in the Virgin Islands, or why that is relevant. I imagine that he can make some pretty good money, but I really do not know. That was not an issue.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.