No. of Recommendations: 0
I do not understand what Tulsi is up to. Declining her HI seat and not enough popularity rating to get on the national Democrat debate stage. Ok, so she vehemently opposed foreign interventions and nation building as her primary plank. Got it! But what else? Active support of Bernie in the face of a liberal establishment now rebuking him for the clear crazy-man that he is. Preferring Fox to CNN. Ok. Anything else? Is she hoping for a VP selection from the front runner as the woman/military/youth/centrist images she tries to radiate? If so, going after the Hillary doesn't seem like a good way to do this....unless....a few $Million in a settlement on her way out the door is the primary goal.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
I do not understand what Tulsi is up to. Declining her HI seat and not enough popularity rating to get on the national Democrat debate stage. Ok, so she vehemently opposed foreign interventions and nation building as her primary plank. Got it! But what else? Active support of Bernie in the face of a liberal establishment now rebuking him for the clear crazy-man that he is. Preferring Fox to CNN. Ok. Anything else? Is she hoping for a VP selection from the front runner as the woman/military/youth/centrist images she tries to radiate? If so, going after the Hillary doesn't seem like a good way to do this....unless....a few $Million in a settlement on her way out the door is the primary goal.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BruceM
I do not understand what Tulsi is up to.

Ever since she pushed for more debates between Hillary & Bernie in 2016 and then subsequently disinvited to the next debate her future in the democrat party was torpedoed and war with Hillary initiated. She resigned her vice chair position & endorsed Bernie in 2016.

Methinks the motive behind her run was that she hopes to influence her party in 2020 to move away from Perpetual War/Regime Change foreign policy.
With the animosity of Hillary, her political career is over. The lawsuit is a return salvo to Hillary with hopes of a payday.
<<I do not understand what Tulsi is up to. Declining her HI seat and not enough popularity rating to get on the national Democrat debate stage. Ok, so she vehemently opposed foreign interventions and nation building as her primary plank. Got it! But what else?>>

Perhaps she will take her $50 million from Hillary and retire early to Hawaii.

Doesn't sound like a bad life plan.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 6
Yes, sounds about right. Her being washed up in the Democrat Party due to her attacks on Hillary and her left hook to the body of Harris in the first debate probably sealed her fate as you point out. It may be she saw herself following the methods of non-politician, atypical, unique Trump and winning over masses of voters rebelling against the status-quo. If so, she certainly misjudged that....and FWIW, there's only ONE Donald Trump. No elected political figure anywhere can do what he does and get away with it.

And I'd guess you're right...she may well be shooting for a settlement with Hillary for a few $Million and then going back to HI, where she'll continue on in the Reserve as the military's richest 04.

Kinda too bad...had it not been for her hand-holding with Bernie in 2016, she'd make a good defector to the Republican side where she could vie for some political appointment and work back up from there. She's got the fundamental physical characteristics needed, the military history and is a good speaker....just a bit inexperienced, particularly in being careful in picking your enemies.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 3
Kinda too bad...had it not been for her hand-holding with Bernie in 2016, she'd make a good defector to the Republican side where she could vie for some political appointment and work back up from there.

She is a democrat. Just peruse her issue page on her website.
https://www.tulsi2020.com/issues
I do believe she would be a democrat that republican could do compromise with though. I would put her a class with former Virginia Senator James Webb.

The NYTimes had an article that Webb was being considered for Secretary of Defense. I hope the job is offered & Webb accepts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/us/politics/jim-webb-defe...
White House Mulls Jim Webb, Ex-Democratic Senator, as Next Defense Secretary

Prior to the Iraq War, Mr Webb wrote an opinion arguing agin the war. He foresaw the difficulties.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/2002/09/04/h...
Other than the flippant criticisms of our "failure" to take Baghdad during the Persian Gulf War, one sees little discussion of an occupation of Iraq, but it is the key element of the current debate. The issue before us is not simply whether the United States should end the regime of Saddam Hussein, but whether we as a nation are prepared to physically occupy territory in the Middle East for the next 30 to 50 years. Those who are pushing for a unilateral war in Iraq know full well that there is no exit strategy if we invade and stay. This reality was the genesis of a rift that goes back to the Gulf War itself, when neoconservatives were vocal in their calls for "a MacArthurian regency in Baghdad." Their expectation is that the United States would not only change Iraq's regime but also remain as a long-term occupation force in an attempt to reconstruct Iraqi society itself.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Poor Hillary between the vast right wing conspiracy, sexism, Russian hackers, James Comey and now Bernie Sanders; no wonder she lost, the deck was stacked agin her. /sarcasm

Hillary-the gift that keeps on giving.

The only thing we missed by her not being elected was the unbridled amusement of watching her sit at that desk every day. ROFL

Kathleen