Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I do wonder when it will become difficult or impossible for me to fully control my blood sugar. My A1C ticked over into "Hey do something about that" roughly ten years ago. It took me most of that time to rebuild a much lower stress and much more healthy life.* My A1c, cholesterol, and triglycerides are all in optimal ranges. I still have a ways to go to reduce overall body fat. What I'd really like is to trade that body fat for muscle, which is hard for women and middle aged people, of which I am both. Nonetheless, I keep working at it. It appears to me that there are some modest shifts in that direction, though it will probably take several more years of working at it to get to where I'd like to be. Nothing crazy. My first goal is just to get to 25% bodyfat from where I was last year at 28%. I doubt I'll ever get even remotely close to 20% body fat.

But I know that age affects all things, as does injury and ill health, which can happen to anyone and the chances accrue over time. So I keep wondering at what point I will return to chatting about unhealthy A1c and blood sugar levels with my doctor. I am hoping it is when I am over 90, but we'll see.

ThyPeace, aiming to do a weightlifting competition at 99, a 5k at 100, and go skinny-dipping at 101.

*DH and I starting working on health and nutrition, but though he made progress, I found that I could not. Eventually we both changed jobs, he moved so that we could live together rather than having a commuter marriage (which had to wait until his kids were grown). We reinvested the saved time and stress in more sleep, building better nutrition, and getting more exercise. So far he has lost more than 70 pounds.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.