Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I don't care if you don't care what I think but what I do think is this whole LibThink baloney started with 'participation trophies'.

Part of growing , and growing up, is learning how to lose. If you get a trophy just for showing up you will always think you're special. Well, you're not.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Part of growing , and growing up, is learning how to lose. If you get a trophy just for showing up you will always think you're special. Well, you're not. "

Well, I heard that the Dems are in the process of giving Hillary a participation trophy for her participation in a Presidential campaign.
Hey, did I mention I think recs are yummie? Validate my ego, silence the voices in my head?
GIVE ME A REC DAMMIT, I KNOW WHERE YOU POST.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't care if you don't care what I think but what I do think is this whole LibThink baloney started with 'participation trophies'.

Part of growing , and growing up, is learning how to lose. If you get a trophy just for showing up you will always think you're special. Well, you're not.

Made this same point to my wife earlier today. libs just handle setbacks; that's what competition teaches you. But nooooo. Hand a kid a trophy for finishing dead last and you send exactly the wrong message.

========================================================

You might be on to something.

Millenial Dems seem to have taken a huge hit to their fragile self esteems.

It did not start there, but danged if that is not one of the accelerating factors.

It is one of the excellent metaphors for liberalism. As it turns the beauty, pride and accomplishment of a trophy into something you show off for while, but take no pride in, for under it all you know it is worthless and does nothing but degrade the actual winners.
Made this same point to my wife earlier today.

I'll bet it just thrilled her to death that you were willing to expound on your views on participation trophies in America - one of the truly critical issues of our times.

Maybe tomorrow you can spend 15 or 20 minutes telling her what you think of broccoli.
Maybe tomorrow you can spend 15 or 20 minutes telling her what you think of broccoli.

I like my seasoned and roasted for crunchness.

I like it steamed at times as well.

I like it stir fried too.

I like it Au Gratin too.

Bubba Gump Shrimp ain't got nothing on me...

W
I like my seasoned and roasted for crunchness.

I like it steamed at times as well.

I like it stir fried too.

I like it Au Gratin too.

Bubba Gump Shrimp ain't got nothing on me...

It's good to see you embrace diversity . . . even if it is only diversity in the preparation of broccoli. :-)