No. of Recommendations: 4
I don't care what schools she or her children attended; she has the right to make those decisions. But she should NOT be making that decision for everyone else -- and charging taxpayers for it!!!

I don't want someone with no experience with public schools making major decisions about public schools. It would be like making someone with no govt experience President(!). Or someone with no international experience UN Ambassador. Or someone opposed to Civil Rights for non-whites, non-Christians, and non-straights Attorney General. IOW a typical deplorable Trump appointment.

It would be something else if she even had a bad experience wiht public schools. But she didn;t. She wants every American kid to attend a private Christian school--with a taxpayer-supported voucher and no oversight.

Perhaps I take this extra personally because my son is a public school teacher. A science teacher who would go unemployed rather than teach religion in his classroom.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.