Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I don't do php but I do Python. Ping me if necessary.

I tried Python but Apple hardware makes it difficult because it has installed native v 2.x and I was trying to use v 3 and it drove me nuts so I gave up. PHP will do all I need. Early on I could not find good math libraries in php. I found some in Perl which I had trouble installing. In time I found the phpEXCEL library which solved my math problems!

Sorry, Python is number 2! 😇

Top 7 Web Development Languages To Use In 2021
https://www.designveloper.com/blog/web-development-languages...

Denny Schlesinger

Programming languages are like shoes, the longer you use them the more comfy they get. I've been using php for over 20 years and have developed a couple of frameworks, the latest one Object Oriented and "semantic" to match HTML5. The article points out that php can be difficult. You need a top class text editor and BBEdit is tops. With BBEdit I've developed a bunch of debugging tools and since php is an interpreted language it's easy to test small bits of code at a time which fits my short attention span. I must spend well over half my coding time debugging. However, being a fan of Sherlock Holmes I love following clues to find the culprit! Holmes must the the world's best debugger!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.