Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't even really get what these guys do. This feels like Slack's kid brother - a good company, decent-to-good stock that will never be a big winner.

I realize they are obviously selling it well, and that 89,000 customers is no joke. But it just doesn't have anywhere near the urgency, essentiality (good word), clarity that our other top stocks - Zoom, Crowdstrike, Okta, Cloudflare, Docusign do. Especially in a tough economy is it really going to be easy to prove the value of the products to prospects?

And on a personal note, which admittedly may be rude of me, I'm just tired of tech billionaire pseudo enlightenment blather...

Why Asana?
Dustin and JR found inspiration in Buddhist principles to center and guide the product they wanted to build: bringing ease, focus, and flow to a world otherwise full of chaos. Asana is a Sanskrit word that refers to the place and posture in which a yogi sits. A pose requires marrying form and flow, staying centered while moving through distractions.

We typically pronounce Asana with the emphasis on the second syllable: uh-sah-nuh. But we’re not prescriptive about it. We welcome other pronunciations too, including the Sanskrit pronunciation ah-suh-nuh.

Just makes me want to see Dustin and JR go on this show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhuGCVIf3g

I have no beef w anyone who gets the product/valuation better than I do and sees room to grow. I'm sure it can be a good investment. But I'd be stunned if it ever makes the big leagues here.

For me - hard pass.

BD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.