Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I don't know if Mike made any changes but the long weekend (Memorial Day) screwed up my Yahoo code

I didn't make any changes. Maybe Yahoo's downloadable historical price data was not correctly updated. Glad all is back to normal!

-Mike
Print the post Back To Top
Hi Mike!

Glad to hear you're still around and living the good life. Please consider this my thanks and also a gentle nudge to urge you to play with the code and continue to work your magic.

-D
No. of Recommendations: 7
Mike!

I'm still appreciating and using your site on a weekly basis, as well as Denny's BMW site.

What generous, caring Fools you and Denny you have been!

Thanks, my Friends!

Cheers!
Murph
BL Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Mike,

I visit your site almost every week too. No matter what you decide to do, Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put in over these many years. I have greatly appreciated it.

I would love to know if you, or anyone, keeps in touch with Jim (BMW)? Have always wondered if he kept using his BMW method or if he moved on to another investing style? Did he go to another forum or drop off internet altogether?

I wasn't around when the board kinda died.

Fafar (Kathy)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Kathy!

All I know is that when Jim moved to New Bern, NC, I lost track of him. Since I am not using Facebook anymore, I don't know if his page is still there, but it was...you may want to check if you are a Facebook user.

Cheers!
Murph
BL Home Fool
...and a bit more info on Jim:

https://duffyfieldphoenixproject.org/board-of-directors/jim-...

Cheers!
Murph
BL Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Murph!

Sorry for the late response...was on vacation. :)

I checked Facebook and his account is still there but it's private, as it should be. Not being a major BMW poster, I'd doubt he'd even remember me, so I won't even try to friend him just to ask what type of investing he's doing now. lol

When I returned to the Fool, I checked the board's old posts but never could pinpoint when he left or why. I think you(?) at one point had said that there was a lot of contention on the board?? From what I can see that's what happens on all the boards I visit during big Down periods. People get very upset about losing money, esp if they haven't been through a Down before.

I left the Fool and BMW board because I took on a very time-consuming project and no longer had time to keep up with my stocks. Poor timing and unfortunately I took a bath on a number of stocks. But if I wasn't going to pay attention, it was the right thing to do and it saved me from an even bigger loss.

I'm curious about Jim, but it's not that big a deal. No further research necessary.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Mike:

The BMW Method website buy and sell screens were broken for a time (also 16 year old php code, updated occasionally to keep up with new php versions). Recently I got the screens working again.

That said, I am thinking of significant updates to the BMW site.

Maybe you can use the BMW Method website buy and sell screens.

-----------------------------

There is a problem with the "Screen run on 05/29/2022." It's using May 20 closing prices

Agilent Technologies, Inc. (A) 125.13 vs. 130.55
Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST) 71.87 vs. 87.31

Denny Schlesinger
There is a problem with the "Screen run on 05/29/2022." It's using May 20 closing prices

The latest chart update (for Friday June 3) is back to normal. I don't know if Mike made any changes but the long weekend (Memorial Day) screwed up my Yahoo code. It did not affect the BMW Method buy and sell screens but prices at another website.

Denny Schlesinger
I don't know if Mike made any changes but the long weekend (Memorial Day) screwed up my Yahoo code

I didn't make any changes. Maybe Yahoo's downloadable historical price data was not correctly updated. Glad all is back to normal!

-Mike
Hi Mike,
I'm late in responding but wanted to let you know that I've been using the charts since the first BMWm meeting I attended in San Diego. Not exactly weekly visits to the BMW site but nearly so. I greatly appreciate your willingness to keep them functional.

In the event you are going to modify the program, I truly miss the Sheridan program's functionality. In particular, the charting of quarterly earnings, against the CAGR which I found particularly valuable.

If there's some way I can reciprocate for my long use of the site, let me know.

And Denny, was that a permanent move to Portugal or just a visit?
And Denny, was that a permanent move to Portugal or just a visit?

Nothing in life is permanent! LOL

I'd rather live in Venezuela but not under the current regime and the economic crisis they have created.

Denny Schlesinger