Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I don't post much, but here are some thoughts

Generally I agree with your thoughts. PSA seems pretty fully valued, but has fairly low debt versus its competition. Extra Space, Life Storage and Cube Smart have similar debt loads. LSI seems to get a lower ROI on its space. PSA and Cobe get the highest returns PSF. Extra Space seems like the best grower. National Storage also has a high growth rate, but on a much smaller base than the rest. PSA and Extra Space have the lowest dividend payouts as a percentage of FFO. The low payouts likely reflect the quality of these operations.

I own some PSA preferreds and some LSI common. Looking to trade out of LSI and trade into Extra Space.

Another thought I have had in investing directly into farmland via AcreTrader, FarmTogether or FarmFundr. Farm prices seem to do OK during inflation, and food prices generally rise with all other commodities during these times. A bit more risk here based on single properties, but I like the upside of sharing in the return on the crops in a likely inflationary period.

The one traded farmland REIT I am aware of is not the best.

FWIW
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.