Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
I don't post much. I'm not a great communicator and as I am in the UK much of my focus is on UK and European stocks anyway. Also as a value type investor I am not much into cloud type shares although I read in order to try and understand better.

Nonetheless I hope you will forgive a response to this albeit not really a reply.

I think you need to focus on the positive much more than the negative - I didn't used to think like this so much but approaches change.

Sure learn from things you have done wrong but get yourself in a positive mindset to move forward.

Instead of saying I should have held on to this or that I now try to think...I made x% from buying this even if I sold too soon (a perenial fault of mine) and I can always buy it back (something I now find much easier than I used to) or buy something else instead. It has made a positive contribution.

I look more and more for things (& more importantly people) who do so whilst trying to learn from what I might have done better which in large part is why I read this and one or two other boards.

Deucetoace
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.