Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I don't want to live in China either. But I don't think it is as bad as you think it is

???

Trapped, alone and 'desperate to come home.' American siblings barred from leaving China
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/09/14/china-i...

The State Department has warned Americans about China’s growing use of exit bans – stating in a Jan. 3 travel advisory that Chinese authorities have sometimes used exit bans to keep Americans in China for years

China Detains 2 Americans Amid Growing Scrutiny of Foreigners
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/world/asia/china-detains-...
Two Americans who ran an English-language teaching company are being held on charges of organizing illegal border crossings, a Chinese government spokesman said.

The detentions are the latest in a series of prosecutions that add to a growing sense of unease among Americans and other Westerners in China. Among the most prominent of such cases is the ongoing detention of two Canadians on charges of espionage — a move that was made apparently in retaliation for Canada’s arrest of a prominent executive of Huawei, a Chinese technology giant.

-----------

No way would I work (or live) in a country for an extended period of time that has no due process.

Covid scares me a lot less than some government official that decides they don't like something I did or said online.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.