No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't worry about extremely unlikely events like armed bandits coming into my house.

I do worry a little about armed idiots/toddlers shooting in public. Not enough to buy a gun myself. Perhaps I should buy weapons for my husband with dementia--there's no law against it =8-0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't worry about an armed bandit coming into my house either. Especially, not where I live.

Most people involved in mass shootings have had prior mental problems.

A responsible gun owner keeps their guns locked up away from idiots/toddlers, and people with dementia.

As long as there are insane people walking around robbing banks and burglarizing homes with AR-15's...I believe American's should be able to own one for their own protection, if they so choose.

At the time it happened, I lived less then 20 miles away from the North Hollywood shootout, and by best friend lived a couple of blocks away. I watched it unfold as the LAPD was seriously out gunned, and all I could do was watch the tv helplessly, as the gunman started walking towards my best friends house. That was chilling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZg4mcYkIwU

And prior to moving to Oregon, I lived less then 15 miles away, from the Thousand Oaks Night Club Massacre. I had even gone there a few times myself to meet friends. The Sheriff who died that night while running towards the gun fire was a really old friend and an awesome human being, who shouldn't have had to die. Many other innocent people also lost their lives that night.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shooting-reported-borde...

I was so angry I wanted the gunman to burn in hell....until I read about the gunmnan…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/08/mass-shooting...

When we send guys to war as machine gunners to KILL as many people as they can...we NEED to provide mental health care for them when the come back mentally broken. I blame the Psychiatrist who refused him the mental care he so desperately needed. Our government totally let them all down.

Do I think I need an assault weapon to protect myself? No.

Do I think an American citizen should be able to own an assault weapon to protect themselves? Yes, since there is a possibility they may need to face one down. Its not a big chance...<but since I lived less then 20 miles away from TWO shootouts>...the chance is definitely there.

Bean
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.