Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't believe residual grease was the problem. I probably overcooked them a little. The instructions were to cook the crust until it was browned. I was having problems judging the appropriate color and may have slightly overcooked it.

I checked my recipe, and the crust is the same as you described except that mine calls for confectioner's sugar and omits salt. My recipe also uses an ungreased pan, and the crust layer is baked by itself for about 15 min. before the filling layer is added. I find that the crust layer only browns just slightly and it's done. And although I usually use a metal pan whenever I bake cakes or cookies, I get better results using a glass pan with these...maybe because it's similar to a pie--for which I also prefer to use a glass pie plate. Hope this helps.

Best,
Cat
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.