Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't have a "full vacuum" option so I'm not sure what you mean. My options are "seal only", "vacuum and seal" or "extended vacuum and seal". I seldon use the extended vacuum option.

By "full vacuum", I mean "vacuum and seal." My model has an instant seal that supposedly lets you stop the vacuum function in mid suck and seals the bag allowing you leave some air and room for movement. I think it's primarily for bread and such, so that you don't squash it completely.

The problem with squeezing the herbs is that it tends to make them mushy in the fridge. I still haven't mastered the timing on the instant seal with herbs...perhaps the margin of error is too great. I may resort to the old fashioned method of freezing in icecubes and then seal them in the bags.

You might invest in some cannisters. They're really handy for things like half an onion or half a pepper or cucumber. And the square cannister for marinating really does seem to make a difference.

B--

Vacuum sealing everything but the cat. :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.