No. of Recommendations: 0
I don’t know, I have not been back into the market actively for 3 years yet.

ISRG yes. Appears that NVDA may be yes as well about now. But the multiple is only as good as what it is multiplying and w NVDA that is presently a mower than it was number.

SHOP perhaps. And remember it is not the actual revenue number but what the expected number was that counts. That is how you do it in real time.

I frankly see lots of merit in 12xs position, but as marketcap get larger multiples get smaller. So it is not as straight forward as it sounds because $4 billion marketcap becomes $12 in less than 3 years in higher multiple investments.

Sales force is still 6 to 8x. There is no fixed number as companies are not fungible. If they were you’d pay the same multiple for Qbase as for Microsoft of the like. And yet somehow Apple always had a low multiple past its early days.

Numbers give us contextual information but stocks are non-fungible. The fact that people try to make them fungible by numbers and assuming return to the mean is what creates opportunity for those w the best fundamentals.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.