Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't know if America, by and large, are really ready for e-books.

I don't say this simply because I'm not, though, I am not ready for an e-book. I still like the feel of a book in my hands. And (I know this will sound silly) I (and again, I think America at large) does not have a place to read an e-book.

For commuters, particularily in the northeast, I can see where this would be a very handy thing. Riding the subways to work, taking the train back home,...you've got your Palm or laptop loaded with a book you want to read--bingo--you've got it without having to lug around ANOTHER item. For other commuters, LA, Houston, Dallas etc (where most are still in cars) this simply isn't practical. We're too busy shaving or putting on make-up while we drive.

I think, in time, e-books will come around. B&N is prolly just cutting losses for now and will move back in later.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.