Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don’t know if this applies to your situation but, have you considered transferring your 401(k) balances to a traditional IRA (I think they call this a rollover). Seems like it could alleviate that headache. I think some employers even allow for in-service rollovers...depends on your plan.

Once I retire about the first thing I will do is rollover my 401(k) to a traditional IRA...I hate the limited investment options in my employer’s plan. And I hate the monthly fee even more!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.