Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know much about the Quicken question except that most of my customers just go online then download it into quicken.
But my main reason for replying is to tell you NEVER, EVER, EVER do drafts to soooo many companies. You won't believe the number of customers I have had that have numerous complaints on both major and minor companies that draft from their account. For example: what happens if your checks are stolen? You have to get a new account number, call all your drafters, and have the possibility of calling your drafters 3 or 4 times b/c the couldn't draft from your account and now you have late payments and service charges that you have to fight with them about. Also they can over charge you and it's nearly impossible trying to get your money back or it takes a month. And you can cancel service but guess what? they are money hungry and take money out the next month anyhow. My suggestion is that if you do decide to draft choose your checkcard for them to draft from. (hence, similar to using a credit card to pay) That way if you want to cancel service you just shut down your checkcard. That is the way I handle my drafts and I haven't had a problem yet. Plus as a bank employee, I never recommend giving out your checking account number for anything. By doing that you give them complete access even if you agree to only a certain amount they can still withdrawal more and then take months to refund you anything.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.