Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know much about the regulation of 501(c)7 organizations, but I do note that they can receive up to 15% of their gross revenues from non-member use of facilities and/or services. You can find more information at the IRS website,,,id=96189,.... You may want to look at the last link on the page which will take you to the IRM audit guide for 501(c)7 organizations. This will detail what an IRS agent would be looking at should the instigate an audit of your Guild.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.