Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
I don't know much about the woman, but I did find the following quotes interesting/noteworthy:

On the next CEO: "The "name in the envelope" has changed often enough that it would probably surprise you."

On breaking up Berkshire: "Warren has designed it so that Berkshire can't be broken up as far as I can tell. For example, I am fairly sure that National Indemnity owns the railroad. No way would the insurance regulators let that be unwound."

On his personal life: "When I was 47, I was having a difficult year for a variety of reasons and Warren sat me down and said look, when I was 47 I thought my life was over. Susie had left me, and I had already accomplished everything I thought was worthwhile as an investor. Berkshire, as far as I knew, was at its peak. And to my surprise, my life kept getting more and more interesting since, and most of the really important things I've done happened after I was 47 and thought my life was over. "
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.