Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know the first thing about running an investment club, and I'm not sure I've got the time to organize it, but I am interested in being a part of one. Do any of you have the time or the inclination to do some research on how to run an investment club?

I know that one of the first things you are supposed to do is clearly state what the intentions of the club are. Is it academic interest only? What kind of investment style: hyper growth, value, rulebreakers, -makers? That sort of thing.

Maybe we could start a Speaker's Folder board and talk about what each of us want to get out of an investment club. I know that right now my time is extremely limited. (What with telling my fiancee that I love her ideas for the wedding in October :) But I am able to get online relatively frequently.

My personal goal would be to find out how to systematically research investments for LTBH to complement my Mechanical Investing in my Roth. If you want to discuss this further, then we could set up a separate board.

My 2cents late on a worknight.

pikapp383
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.