Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 25
I don't know what the hell is so wrong with me that anyone would treat me like this, but it feels like $#!t.

Greetings, diana, NOTHING is wrong with you. Switch that pronoun to make it apply to him.

Of course it still feels like $#!t anyway, so that part still needs reckoning. But you, YOU'RE fine and deserving and beloved - for sure, around here. Even that crappy old asthma business may not end up having to be permanent or long-term, necessarily either - the precursor to a final diagnosis of asthma is RAD, "reactive airway disease," in which you can develop all the symptoms of asthma with persistent cough, wheeze, sometimes mild low oxygen, and once cleared up it could end up going away altogether. It's an asthma-like flare in response to some prior insult, like an upper respiratory viral infection (and we know you didn't have anything like one of THOSE recently, eh ;-) ?) The treatment for RAD is the same as treatment for asthma, only the chronicity is different, and I am hoping that your current bout decides to resolve over time in full.

((((((( dianakalt ))))))) Here's hoping that your boyfriend steps up and decides to deal with you forthrightly. You've always been a "shoot from the hip", fully honest and direct approach-taker so I am hoping he will find his spine and face you.

xraymd

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.