Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know why there is even a discussion about whether Hamm should give up his gold. There is no do-over in judging in most sports. I remember Maradona knocking in a goal with his hand in a World Cup match many years ago. Argentina won that match and moved on to win the World Cup. Nobody said Argentina should give up the cup or even that match in question. There are many similar no calls or blown calls in other sports. It is tough luck although I think instant replay could have prevented a lot of these snafu. But some people complain it will disrupt the "flow" of the game.

If they go back and look at the scoring for all the events, they would find out they were a tenth too high or a tenth too low here and there. There would be no end to it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.