Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't see walmart stocking a game savvy counter the way GME does. Gme also closes stores not performing, its pretty easy to ship their inventory to some place where it will sell.

I keep waiting for other people to see that these guys actually make money!

Hi JavaChip,

Thanks for the comments on GameStop and Wal-Mart. I think you're right about Wal-Mart and having game-savvy employees at the counters. There's definitely more to selling games than just stocking shelves. That was what I was trying to get at with the statement in the article about "playing outside their areas of expertise."

As for Microvision, I looked at them briefly a while back, but more on a level of what they did rather than financial (I remember seeing one of their projectors at the office and looking to see who made it). I don't know if they're MUE potential or not. Are they profitable? Do they have positive free cash flow? Are they growing? What kind of sentiment are they facing from the market and why?

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.