Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think it is ok to call other people names. I don't know the whole story, and I don't think I'll ever find out who "started it" The boy's eighteen and a grown man, and as far as I'm concerned, this might be a learning experience for him.

One of the learning experiences that happens when you get older is you learn then things you said and did in your youth aren't necessarily applicable in the wider world.

I am sure, though it doesn't make it right, that when he was in high school, the boys he hung out with exchanged this in verbal spars. It has lost it's original meaning to him - he knows it is a slur for homosexuals, but doesn't know HOW BAD a slur it really is.

Well, he didn't. I'm sure he's got the point now, anyway.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.