Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think so. Everybody else would stop paying RMBS royalties if Hitachi wins.

Now wait a minute. Rambus is saying Hitachi has used Rambus IP in all of their products. Even Hitachi's DDRRAM.

Why does everyone assume that if Rambus wins this case that anyone who produces DDRRAM will pay RMBS royalties? If this was the case, wouldn't Rambus have
claimed a long time ago that DDRRAM was infringing on RMBS's IP? Second, why would the memory makers create a standard that used Rambus's technologies? Wouldn't they know that Rambus was go after them? I think this is just a company specific case. Only Hitachi infringed.

Maybe some one who is a bit more knowledgeable can tell me. If Rambus wins, will the whole industry have to pay royalties or is it just Hitachi, because they are the ones who infringed on Rambus' IP.

thanks..
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.