Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 38
I don't think SP hates women.

I think you're looking at him through rose colored glasses. It's not just that he dislikes marriage; it's why he dislikes marriage. Invariably, he declares it's a tool used by women - and it's always women, not men - to suck money out of men. Women have children (and again, men never want children in these posts) in order to generate child support payments in the inevitable divorce.

It's not poignant.

Adding to this are his hard-line anti-abortion views. While with some people this is a genuine matter of misguided conscience, in SP's case it's the far more common motivation of controlling women. The times I've seen him bring this up, he doesn't even cry the usual crocodile tears over fetuses; it's all about what women should or should not be allowed to do.

The paranoid fantasies about a global conservationist plot to bring down western civilization aren't exactly a harmless quirk, either. It's weird, because he posts fairly often on LBYM, but if saving money has even the faintest whiff of conservation, i.e. getting better gas mileage, he'll denounce it. This is in fact the complaint was in the linked thread. The thread drifted into the cost-effectiveness of high-efficiency washers. That's a perfectly reasonable money-saving topic. But oh, it's about saving energy, and that's a mortal sin in his world.

- Gus
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.