Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I don't think that anyone said this was an impossibility. If it were than there would have been no reason to even follow it because the odds of it occurring would be 0%. I don't believe anyone said this had no chance of happening. I still think something will happen which will allow Chinese stocks to stay listed in the US. If no deal is reached then this will have a bigger impact than just Chinese stocks. Multinationals like WMT, YUM, GM, etc would not be able to have their China operations audited. I don't think the worst case solution plays out. I think the US is taking a tough stance to force China's hand. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looks like you were still wrong to tell people that YONG was too risky and they should go with a stock like WPRT in your June 19 post. Here's what you said:

I can find other stocks with the same upside or more that I am more certain about because if the YONG opportunity fails to deliver then that might be a severe opportunity cost to take especially when I could be in stocks like WPRT (very volatile stock but the odds of success seems to be rising) WPRT has the ability to be ever bit as explosive as YONG if not more in my opinion which seems why even though I know YONG seems to have a viable product, I refuse to buy in.

So what was WPRT and YONG trading at on June 19...

WPRT was at 32.28 and YONG at 3.21

What are they now...

WRPT is at 26.66 and YONG is at 5.31

Even at today's prices I like YONG a lot more.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.