No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think you can just put assets into a ROTH IRA like that. I believe you would have to sell them and then buy them back under an established (or brand new) ROTH account. You can DRIP stocks at a discount brokerage and if the account that you have bought the DRIPS in is a ROTH that would also work. Just a couple of ideas.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.