Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think your observations are news to anybody here. I don't hear any value investors on this board trying to argue for this stock.

Heck, SIRI doesn't even make a profit. A very conservative investor could argue that the stock isn't worth anything until they make a profit. Of course, that is silly because the company has potential. How much potential does SIRI have? If you want to wow us with your investing acumen, give us an analysis of their potential. SIRI is clearly a potential investment based on a growth approach. Good growth companies are rarely properly valued early on, and if you wait for fair value you will usually miss the largest returns.

What the company is worth today is only relevant if you plan to sell today.

One of my personal investing rules is to only own no more than one company that is not profitable. Right now, SIRI is that company. I bought SIRI at 6 and some change and will likely sell if the price hits 11-12. Assuming SIRI meets expectations in subscriber growth, I think that will happen sometime leading up to Christmas of this year.

marxtacy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.