No. of Recommendations: 0
I enjoyed the book very much. I am enjoying how Rowling is leading her young readers through a slowly changing perspective of the characters as Harry grows older (even though he is draped in denial about many things - realization is the first step). In so many ways Harry has been forced to be an adult and successful as such in so heroic a manner. I feel like she is really setting us up to see an understanding of Snape as we might not expect at this point.

I would also be curious to see if she goes the route of not committing the sins of your father and perhaps a joining of Harry and Draco before it is all over. Perhaps inspired by Voldermort's murder of Lucious or something like that and supported by a maturing Harry.

I was truly happy to see Neville show that strength of character we all knew was in there - stifled by his Grandmother, likely not wanting to see him suffer the same fate as her own son and then by her constant reminder that he is not as good as his father. I was worried that Neville might become the Peter Petigrew of HArry's life, but I am happy that is looking less and less likely.

And lastly I am just happy - obviously speaking of how glad I am to see characters in a children's fiction novel evolve in certain ways. I am dyslexic and the read took me roughly 40 hours - it was well worth it. What wonderful pictures she paints.

Many more thoughts, but taht's enough for one post I suppose.

Biz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.