Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I expect that when it was written Paul had no way to know that this would be one of the snippets of Scripture that would be used through the years to appeal to the status quo of the day in an effort to … oppose acceptance of those who identify as gay as well as same sex marriage, and other efforts to deny equal treatment to certain groups of people. I suspect that was not what he had in mind.

The only thing I suspect is that Paul knew that people would corrupt "sound doctrine" to suit their own purposes. He had already seen it and condemned it. What in Paul's writings leads you to believe that he would agree with you on God's view of marriage and human sexuality?

Do you believe anything in the Bible represents "sound doctrine"? Do you believe such doctrine can be changed to become "unsound"?

So, despite they way it had been in the past, Peter was open to what God had to say in the moment.

Jesus had already instructed him as such. He needed some kind of additional supernatural intervention to get the point. How does that relate to the issue of gay marriage and ordination? Who, that we should trust, has received such a supernatural message that we've gotten things so wrong?

so we end up trying to somehow disqualify some folks. It compromises our witness.

Thankfully I have not been tasked with disqualifying anyone.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.