Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I feel cable will have its niche and cable investors can brag now, but ADSL just has to many potential clients. Just my opinion, if you want more you can ask me on the Aware board.

Before you go back to Aware board, answer these three questions for me:

1. Why is AT&T buying one cable company and making deals with another if ADSL is the holy grail to modern televideointernetcommunications? Hows that for a new word?

2. Why is Microsoft invested in Comcast?

3. Why is Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen buying up cable systems accross the nation?

Seems to me that the smart money is going to Cable. I would not be surprised if Cable speeds are not increased over the next few years the way that POTS has, and what about the combination of fiber optics with Co-axial? Seems we are headed for a regulatory battle soon too. The question will have to be asked someday when is a cable not a cable? When it has FO? How will the FCC be able to differentiate as both systems move to a FO based system?

Sorry more questions than answers,

LuxSit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.